Do you need help with a stray animal? If so, please contact the animal control dispatch for the area you found the stray. You can also contact these numbers to request an animal welfare check if you feel someone is not properly caring for their pet

For Help with Companion Animals

Alameda County          (510) 667-7763     (Castro Valley, San Lorenzo and unincorporated parts of San Leandro and Hayward)  

Berkeley                        (510) 981-6600

Contra Costa County   (925) 608-8400

Fremont                       (510) 790-6630

Hayward                      (510) 293-7200

Newark                        (510) 793-1400

Oakland                       (510) 777-3333

San Leandro                 (510) 577-3206

Union City                  (510) 471-1365


For Help with Wildlife

Sulphur Creek Nature Center in Hayward         (510) 881-6747

Lindsay Wildlife Experience in Walnut Creek    (925) 935-1978